October 6, 2020 | technology | No Comments
- Instagram boss Adam Mosseri told Savannah Guthrie on “Today” that there are foreign adversaries trying to use social media to “their own end” ahead of the presidential election.
- “There are definitely foreign adversaries who are trying to use the platforms, or platforms like Instagram, to their own end,” Mosseri said. “We think of the election here in the US in 2020 as a huge test, not only for Instagram and Facebook, but for the industry at large.”
- Mosseri oversaw Facebook’s News Feed during the 2016 election when Russia-linked agents spread disinformation on social media that reached millions of people, particularly on Facebook.
- It was a learning moment for Facebook, Mosseri said, noting that it took Facebook too long to “focus on the negative that can come from connecting so many people at scale.”
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Instagram boss Adam Mosseri said that foreign adversaries are attempting