September 29, 2020 | technology | No Comments
- Foxconn, Apple’s main iPhone assembler, has ramped up iPhone production at its factory in Zhengzhou, China ahead of the expected iPhone 12 launch next month.
- The factory is working 24 hours per day, offering worker bonuses, and canceling holidays to focus on iPhone production, according to a report from the South China Morning Post.
- Zhengzhou is often referred to “iPhone City” by locals because of the factory’s massive presence in the city.
- Apple typically unveils its new iPhones in September, but the company is instead expected to reveal its latest lineup in October after facing delays because of the coronavirus pandemic.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Apple is reportedly ramping up production of the iPhone 12 ahead of its expected launch next month.
The factory in Zhengzhou, China, operated by Foxconn, Apple’s main iPhone assembler, is working 24 hours per day and implementing measures such as offering worker