Amazon is adding a way for shoppers trying to order grocery delivery to reserve a virtual place in line during surges in demand
October 9, 2020 | technology | No Comments
… Read More
- Amazon has created a new tool to help customers find a grocery delivery slot when demand is surging.
- Amazon’s vice president of grocery, Stephenie Landry, told Recode this week that the company added the option to sign up to be notified when a delivery slot is available. When the space opens up, customers will have two hours to place their order.
- The new feature will be made available to Amazon Fresh and Whole Foods shoppers in places where Amazon sees a spike in demand.
- Amazon and other grocery delivery services saw a major increase in online orders earlier this year when the coronavirus outbreak hit the US. Frustrated shoppers reported refreshing stores’ websites late at night to find open time slots.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for