Clash detection is important for contractors during the pre-construction stage. Managing collision data is a painstaking and time-consuming endeavor. Hence, visualizing the conflict area in advance facilitates smooth installation, once the project is in progress. Collision free models help in quantity generation, scheduling and making cost-estimate. Now, various clash coordination software applications are available in the AEC market, but which software platform would you choose? Opt for the one that will produce accurate quantities by location and will generate more off-site prefabrication, saving time and re-work in the construction process. Check out whether the clash resolution software you are choosing will bring about smoother installation, shorter schedule and precise cost plan for your building project.
Let’s consider the advantages provided by the various clash coordination software applications:
– Interference Checking – Navisworks clash coordination tools perform interference checking and manage potential problems before the beginning of construction, minimizing delays and rework.
– Data Sharing – Integration between Navisworks and BIM 360 Glue offers cloud connectivity to Navisworks user and supports shared Navisworks data and workflow with BIM 360.
– Collision Avoidance – Another way to avoid conflict is by using BIM co-ordination model in AutoCAD 2016, which lets you open Navisworks and BIM 360 Glue models within design products. Designers model the ‘in-context’ by using integrated Navisworks model for avoiding collisions.
– Potential Clash Reduction – Use Navisworks Manage for reducing potential clashes before construction, lessening delays and rework. In order to resolve conflicts, perform collision detection tests against specified geometry. Check laser scan data against 3d design and open clashes in design software applications. View collisions in the context as per geometric model, pertaining to other clashes. Make the non-collision items transparent for locating conflicts in the model. Support coordination by creating hard, duplicate and clearance tests. Besides, examine the space and time by associating collision tests to object animation and 5D simulations.
– Conflict Management – Working on Navisworks Manage helps you to manage conflicts easily. You can track the conflicts and resolve them. Moreover, group clash helps to address multiple conflicts as single issue. You can use grid and level location for managing group and filter collisions.
– Communication with project team – Navisworks Manage helps to communicate issues related to collisions to the project team. You can export reports with collision-test result, mentioning all comments and screenshots. In addition, conflict scenarios can be shared with other Navisworks Manage users through XML export/import for reusing on projects.
– Conflict Resolution – Use clash detection tools of Navisworks Manage for supporting identification, management and resolution of conflicts. The clash object colors, composite level collisions, saved viewpoint management, comment column, filter by selection new modes, reporting filtered results and user-controlled isolation settings help to resolve all conflicts.
Opt for the best BIM clash coordination software application and resolve all conflicts before the beginning of your construction project. Isolate collisions in specific sections of the model with the flexibility of ‘Clash Manager’ in Navisworks and clean up collision result data. This will reduce the time needed for managing conflicts, resulting in smooth and effective project planning.BIM, Clash, Coordination, software