October 11, 2020 | software | No Comments
- You can update your Amazon Fire Stick by navigating to your device’s Settings menu and selecting “My Fire TV.”
- In the “About” section of “My Fire TV,” you can check to see if there are any updates available for your Fire Stick.
- Keeping your Amazon Fire Stick up to date will ensure that it continues running smoothly with all the latest features.
- Visit Business Insider’s Tech Reference library for more stories.
Similar to Apple TV, the Amazon Fire Stick allows users to watch their favorite content on apps like Netflix and HBO Go, watch YouTube videos, and, uniquely, shop on Amazon.
Like any internet-abled product released nowadays, the Fire Stick can be updated regularly, implementing new features and ensuring the device runs efficiently.
Here’s how to manually update your Amazon Fire Stick.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
Amazon Fire Stick 4K (From $49.99 at Best Buy)
How to update your Amazon Fire Stick
1. Plug your Amazon Fire Stick into your television and a power source. Then, select the correct input on your TV so that your Fire Stick appears.
2. After your Amazon Fire Stick is connected, scroll up two times using your remote until your cursor highlights the “Home” tab.
3. Then, scroll to the right and click “Settings.”
4. In “Settings,” scroll to the right and click on the “My Fire TV” tab.
5. In “My Fire TV” click on “About.” In “About” scroll down and select “Check for Updates” to see if your device is up to date. If you see “Install Update” that means that there is an update available for your device and you should click it.
6. Select “Install Update” on your remote and your TV should power off. It will take a few minutes for your device to install the update.