October 11, 2020 | gadget | No Comments
Table of Contents
Tachanka has long been considered a subpar operator in Rainbow Six Siege, even becoming a meme known as Lord Tachanka. At long last, Ubisoft has revealed a rework for the character, and it involves modifying how his turret works and providing him with a brand-new gadget. Here’s how Tachanka’s changing, and how to check out the adjustments for yourself right now, complete with the full patch notes for the test server. You may even want to try using him after this.
Tachanka’s rework comes in two key areas: a new primary weapon, and a new primary gadget. His turret is no longer locked down to the floor, but he still packs a lot of power with the DP27 LMG. Now he’ll carry it around with him, giving him more mobility. He’s still slow, but his portable LMG can be used to cut through soft walls easily and deal heavy damage.
He also gets a second new tool, the Shumikha launcher. This grenade launcher can be used to launch fire grenades which will suppress entry points with a temporary fire effect. One round can shut down a single door, and you can quickly pivot to others for multiple entry points. The grenades also bounce. This means you don’t need to be pointing directly at your target for them to be effective.
Tachanka is still slow, and Ubisoft says he’s still best as a backline anchor role. It also suggested he’s a good alternative to operators like Smoke.
The reworked Tachanka is now available on the PC test server, and you can see the full patch notes below. He’ll go live for all players and platforms sometime during the Operation Shadow Legacy season, which is currently live.
Rainbow Six Siege Test Server Patch Notes for October 8
Getting ready for the second coming of the lord.
- Tachanka rework
- Removed the 1.5x scope from Tachanka’s 9x19VSN
Ace couldn’t handle all the 3st from his fans.
- Reduced the number of explosive ticks per SELMA Aqua Breacher to 2 ticks (down from 3).
Shoot your shot(gun).
- Added the ITA12S as a secondary weapon.
Lonely Russian sniper looking for some love.
- Reduced vision recovery time to 0.4s (down from 1s)
- Reduced movement penalization by 50% to 12s (up from 6s)
- MP5 primary will replace the T-5. Optics that will be available for the MP5 are the red dot, holographic and reflex
- T-5 primary will replace the MP5. Optics available on the T-5 will be the red dot, the holographic, reflex, and scope 1.5x
- Guard break effect will occur when operators with a ballistic shield are hit by an explosion or take certain types of damage (from a scale of a minimum of 50 to trigger the guard break to 100 damage).
- The severity of the guard break will be proportional to the damage to the shield. Electric damage and the minimum 50 damage threshold will trigger the minimum guard break animation strength
- Melee damage, concussion FX, sonic bursts, and explosions of 100 damage or higher will trigger the the maximum strength guard break animation.
- Operators positioned behind a Clash, Monty, Blitz or Fuze are now also partially protected from explosion damage (this still applies even if they are from the opposing team). This protection also applies if the shield is on their back. Damage taken from the explosion will be proportionally calculated based on the amount exposure to the blast.
- Instead of folding his Extendable shield, Montagne now as a guard break animation.
- Shield explosion protection reduced to 66% (down from 80%)
TCSG12 + ACS12
- Damage drop-off has been made more progressive to reach minimal damage at 50m (instead of 20m).
- Damage at max range increased to 68% (up from48%)
- Suppressor damage penalization normalized to -12.5% regardless of range
- Changes to defuser interaction to allow players to still pick up the defuser even in situations where it might have originally been inaccessible due to falling into difficult to reach spaces.
- Testing new ping sounds for gadgets and drones.
- Improvements to the chat filter feedback system.
- REMINDER – Pre-reinforced rooftop hatches are active on the TS
- FIXED – Missing SFX when picking up generic items.
- FIXED – Sometimes defenders spawn on top of each other when in 2nd Floor Master Bedroom of Chalet.
- FIXED – Poor lighting inside the cabinet between sofas in 1F Bar of Chalet.
- FIXED – Players can use a deployable shield to get to the counter next to the piano on Chalet.
- FIXED – Residual black smoke is visible after some soft walls in the Basement of Chalet are destroyed.
- FIXED – Players can’t vault over the half-wall/railing in 2F Library Stairs of Chalet.
- FIXED – Dropped defuser can be difficult to recover from behind the table of 2F Cigar Balcony on Kafe.
- FIXED – Zero’s Piercing Camera can pierce and see through the ceiling in 1F First Aid on Plane.
- FIXED – Cancelling a Ranked queue can sometimes trigger an abandon penalty even when the player did not join a match.
- FIXED – Secondary hard breach gadget’s blue light can sometimes be seen through a barricade when deployed on it.
- FIXED – Minor map asset issues.
- FIXED – (PvE) Barbed wire spawns issues in Situation 10.
- FIXED – (PvE) Missing pre-barricaded doors/windows in Heavily Fortified Situation.
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.Finally, gadget, Rainbow, Reworked, Siege, Tachanka