October 14, 2020 | technology | No Comments
- Apple’s iPhone 12 will not come with wired headphones in the box, nor will it come with a wall charger.
- It will come with a USB C to Lightning cable, however.
- The company made the announcement when unveiling its iPhone 12 lineup on Tuesday, and attributed the removal to environmental concerns.
- The omission comes as Apple’s wireless AirPods have exploded in popularity in recent years, and the company moves to make its packaging more sustainable.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Apple will no longer include its wired EarPod headphones in the box with its new iPhones, starting with the iPhone 12.
The company is also removing the wall charger from the iPhone’s box. Apple will include a USB-C to Lightning cable, however, which can be plugged into a computer or adapter for charging.
Apple executive Lisa Jackson announced the change Tuesday afternoon after announcing its new smartphone lineup.