DHS S&T’s Technology Transfer and Commercialization Program serves as the centralized point to manage transition activities throughout DHS and the DHS laboratory network. Technologies developed and evaluated within the department can have tremendous potential for commercial applications throughout the nation, enhance the competitiveness of individual small businesses, and expand areas of exploration and cooperation for all non-federal partners.
To accomplish its mission, Technology Transfer and Commercialization:
- Serves as the focal point for the department on technology transfer policy
- Manages various Technology Transfer Mechanisms to promote the transfer and/or exchange of technology with industry, state and local governments, academia and other federal agencies
- Assists laboratories in conducting research and development (R&D) for technology that can be transferred in support of the department’s mission
- Establishes partnerships to transfer cutting-edge technology to the nation’s marketplace
- Prepares assessments for selected R&D projects that may have commercial applications
- Provides and disseminates information of federally