What are cookies?
A cookie is information saved by your web browser. When you visit a website, the site may place a cookie on your web browser so it can recognize your device in the future. If you return to that site later on, it can read that cookie to remember you from your last visit and keep track of you over time.
- collect information about the pages you view and your activities on the site
- enable the site to recognize you, for example by:
- remembering your user ID
- offering an online shopping cart
- keeping track of your preferences if you visit the website again
- customize your browsing experience
- deliver ads targeted to you
The cookie transmits this information back to the website’s computer (or server). You can set your web browser to warn you about attempts to place cookies on your computer or to limit the type of