September 28, 2020 | technology | No Comments
- Two people familiar with the matter said Trevor Milton bought the Nikola One’s design from a designer at EV brand Rimac Automobili, according to the Financial Times.
- This is despite Nikola saying Milton was responsible for initially designing the One “in his basement.”
- Nikola is currently involved in a $2 billion lawsuit with Tesla, claiming that the Tesla Semi is “substantially” similar in design to the Nikola One.
- Tesla’s rebuttal to the lawsuit claims the Rimac designer whom Milton bought the designs from called the truck project “Road Runner.”
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
The story with the Nikola One, zero-emissions brand Nikola’s hydrogen-electric semitruck, was that embattled company founder Trevor Milton designed it in his basement. But a new report from the Financial Times suggests otherwise.
Two sources with knowledge on the matter, who were not named by the Financial Times, said Milton bought the original design